Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sharing yourself



Since starting this blog I never knew how much of an impact it would have to share yourself. I recently wrote a letter to a professor that has deeply impacted my view on life. She has furthered this view on the importance of sharing yourself.

When this whole blogging world came to my attention from my friend I was very hesitant to try it. I had never been one to share my feelings or thoughts with just anyone. I never really liked to write because I never had a purpose for doing so, and I barely (let's be honest never) read anything because I believed there was nothing worth reading.

As I gave the blog concept more thought I was beginning to like the idea of sharing  a passion of mine. In this way I could at least keep an online documentation of the new places I would go to.So a couple of months ago I just went for it, I said "what the worst that could happen" and so IHeartTravel was born.

In the months following I began to be exposed to the vast world that is blogging and bloggers. I couldn't have imagined that there were not only people that shared my passions, but that there was so many people living out there passions as well.

It really has been a great experience to share yourself with others, and not only that, have those people give feedback/share with you. At one point in life I thought sharing your intimate feelings made you weak , portrayed you as inferior ( not really sure why).

What I realize now is that people are people, we  experience similar feelings and experiences. It is for this reason written word works so well, we connect to each other using our respective languages and write,speak,sign etc and bring out those emotions that can't voice themselves. You can pick up a book that's one hundred years old and have a life changing experience. You could also just as equally go on YouTube and view a speech that's decades old and it may have a profound impact on your life. Words are powerful tools, tools that withstand the testament of time.

I am so very glad I made the move to share my thoughts and feelings because it has truly altered my perception on what life is and can be.

I leave with this quote from a film called 'Our idiot brother' about trust:

" I like to think that if you put your trust out there, I mean if you really give people the benefit of the doubt and see their best intentions, people will rise to the occasion" 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers