Monday, November 7, 2011

The Bean and Me


Yet another amazing trip to Boston aka The Bean!

Keeping in line with the music trips I've been taking , I found myself in Boston again  for a great show!
About a year ago I was introduced to the musician Mat Kearney (through the amazing Pandora). The song that played that day was one of his bigger hits 'Nothing left to lose'. His sound was right up the alley of what I listen to,  so I began to look into his music. At the time I came upon his music he had recently released his second album City of black and White which is a personal favorite!
So this last summer it came to my attention that Mat would be playing a show promoting his new album Young Love (which is also great.),  in Boston at the House of Blues which is a place I always wanted to go to, so I purchased the tickets and put it in my calender of events.

Well the show was this last Friday and it was GREAT! I am a big fan of musicians who actually sound the same live as they do on their albums, he is one of those artists. After arriving a little late to the venue, (entirely my fault.... we got there at 9 for a 7 o'clock show) we got in the House of blues (to my surprise it was right across the historic fenway park!) and luckily he had not came on yet. When he did finally come on, the speakers pounded and his music began to play. He rocked the sold out show and I couldn't have had a better time. Drinking some (expensive!) good drinks and listening to good music is something everything has to do once in their life ( if not many) !

Just to share how great he is live here is a video he recently posted on his site:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers